THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT HAS REVERSED THE NEW JERSEY STANDARD FOR THE “JUSTIFIABLE NEED” REQUIREMENT FOR CARRYING A CONCEALED HANDGUN.
The State of New Jersey has stipulated training requirements which are necessary prior to submitting your concealed carry application.
Applications which are incomplete or do not meet the requirements will be denied by New Jersey State Officials.
Bookmark this page and our New Jersey CCW step-by-step requirements guide found here, to stay updated.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DEMONSTRATE SAFETY, FAMILIARITY, AND ACCURACY. This will be a pass or fail, you must pass with an 80% or better.
If you believe you’re unprepared for a successful application. You must read below before wasting your time and money…
The New Jersey CCW training requirements are explained in N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(B) and 2C:58-4. These statutes require that a person wishing to meet the requirements of concealed carry attend and receive training and pass a qualification course of fire. The process consists of:
- Being thoroughly familiar with the safe handling and use of handguns as per N.J.A.C. 13:54-2.4(B)
- Submission of the applicant’s most recent handgun qualification scores utilizing the handgun(s) he or she intends to carry as evidenced by test firings administered by a certified firearms instructor of a police academy, a certified firearms instructor of the National Rifle Association, or any other recognized certified firearms instructor
- Passage of Use of Force laws by certified instructor
The Tactical Training Center offers a training program designed to meet and exceed the training requirements for the concealed carry application in New Jersey. Our instructors have experience and certifications far exceeding those at other ranges.
Carrying a loaded firearm is a massive responsibility, and we know NJ’s proficiency scoring will be hard to pass.
We highly recommend the following training courses to prepare for a successful CCW application in New Jersey.
- Basic Handgun Course (4 hours)
- Intermediate Handgun 1 & 2 ((2) 3-hour classes)
- Holster Draw 1 & 2 ((2) 3-hour classes)
- Concealed Carry Course (consists of (4) 3-hour classes)
- CCW Qualification & Readiness Class
Our highly recommended comprehensive training program consists of 28 hours of training and qualification time. We believe our instructors, as well as our training, far exceeds the requirements to satisfy 13:54-2.4(B).
If you have questions regarding the information given in this email please contact Scott Lessig, Director of Training.
Scott Lessig is a law enforcement supervisor with nearly 30 years’ experience, serving the majority of his career with the Raritan Township Police Department and as a SWAT officer since 1987. He was a founding team member, team leader, instructor and coordinator for Hunterdon County SWAT, and a Team Member of Somerset County SWAT. Scott has held the positions of Entry Team Member and Leader, Explosives Handler/Breacher, and Scout/Sniper.
Questions? Contact our Director of Training, Scott Lessig directly at Slessig@tacticaltrainingcenternj.com